Monday, February 15, 2010

She's so EXCITED and she just can't hide it

Reality has now set in.  I made a call to the house and some excited woman answered the phone.  I wondered if there happened to be another man there trying to replace me?  No that would never happen, she can't do better than me.  Another woman?  No, she doesn't roll like that. Would be interesting though. Not gonna lie.  Truth is that the delivery man had just left our house with a kitchen full of NEW shit.  By new shit I am meaning the NEW Samsung side by side bottom freezer fridge, NEW range oven with the flat top technology crap, NEW over the range microwave, and what we really went for in the first place a NEW dishwasher.  How come T never sounds that excited when I do something or bring something to the house?

So at the store the lady ask's can you install this stuff? Meaning the microwave and dishwasher.  My reply was "Yeah" with confidence.  After taking an hour to figure out how to get the dishwasher out and disconnect it, my confidence quickly went south.  My words to T were you better email that friend of yours Anna and get her husband on standby, just in case I f**k this up.

So T was so excited to be putting the stuff in her new fridge and probably going to cook on her new oven tonight and I will get home and stare at the f-ing dishwasher and wonder how many times will I.....
1. Curse quietly in my head
2. Curse out loud
3. Go to the garage and break something
4. Go in the bathroom and cry

?
Man what did I get myself into. Everytime I try to fix some shit at the house I either break something, mess it up and when it comes to the electrical stuff I usually shock myself a couple times.  Maybe I will actually read some directions tonight and even cut the breaker box off for the dishwasher.

Guess we will see tonight.

Will I be putting dishes in the new dishwasher or will I give up and wash everything by hand and call the company to come out and hook it up?

Confessions From A Working Mom February 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM   Reply to

Do men really go into the bathroom and shed silent tears? I'll be looking at my DH in a whole new way tonight if you say yes...

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

nikki February 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM   Reply to

Now you sound like my husband ;) he's always trying to renovate or do something nice but some how manages to stuff it up :)

This Daddy February 15, 2010 at 2:52 PM   Reply to

@ Elizabeth, your husband is the tough cop so he might not run off to lose a little water weight.

@ Nikki, if I cooked my T sweet dinners like Orsen does for you, I could afford to mess stuff up a little, and not feel bad about it

roadrunner201 February 15, 2010 at 3:50 PM   Reply to

In RE to your comment today on my blog: I think your a** is safe (from being laughed off) because it looks like T doesn't have curly hair;-) I guess my husband might laugh, too, if it weren't working.

The Pipster February 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM   Reply to

Can't wait to hear the results of this endeavor. Keep us posted! -Pippi

Lolidots February 15, 2010 at 9:30 PM   Reply to

Beyond jealous of all T's new stuff!!! The best of luck to you sir in the installment of everything!

Momof3inVA February 16, 2010 at 6:44 AM   Reply to

Oh, wow! I hope it all went well! I NEVER let my SO install anything...I think we have a better change if I install it! ;)

Upstatemomof3 February 16, 2010 at 8:21 AM   Reply to

Yeah my husband is no longer aloud to touch any kind of plumbing. :) A few years ago our toilet was leaking and he decided to replace the wax ring to fix it. Well, the screw got stuck and he tried to force it and the toilet bowl broke. Then knowing I was going to be angry he tried to "glue" it back together with the wax. Because of that he got blood EVERYWHERE and finally had to come clean. At that point it was 10pm but I ran an in home daycare and this was the bathroom that the kids used so we had to call a 24 hour plumber.