Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tooth Fairy seeks redemption

BAD DAD ALERT

C1 had another lose tooth. Yes another one. This boy has lost alot of teeth. He loves it. He is excited about it. So Monday night before snack T and C1 showed me and this tooth was just dangling there, Im saying that if you even looked at this tooth wrong it might fall out.  He made a couple attempts and then finally he pulled it out and it all began.  C2 does not want to lose any teeth, C3 wants hers to start falling out.

There is the tooth and C1 and his awesome empty grill.

So now I will get to the part of where I feel like a HUGE asshole.  I take pride in trying to do things for the kids and keeping my word.  As most parent's know....kids lose teeth, tooth fairy comes, prizes get left, kids wake up happy.
Ok to recap and pay attention.....C1 lost tooth, tooth fairy DID NOT COME, NO PRIZE GOT LEFT and C1 DID NOT WAKE UP HAPPY.
C1 likes to try and make things easy for the tooth fairy, he leaves his lost tooth by the tv in his room....easy to find.
Well my DUMB ASS who can find time to watch the f-ing Bachelor, feed the dog and feed and lock up the cat and take C3 pee, all of this around midnight but I cant remember to put a f-ing prize in my boys room and grab a damn tooth.
So I am in the shower and get out to get ready for work and T is awake and starts to tell me that we forgot to get the tooth and leave a prize. C1 already came in our room to tell her this and was wondering why.  Now I am so pissed at myself and I have f-ed up my day and his.  The best we could come up with is to tell him that it must be a different tooth fairy and she might have not known that he puts the tooth by the tv instead of under the pillow.
Did he buy it?
Will it ruin his day?
It has ruined mine cause that is all I am going to think about today!

Can the tooth fairy make a comeback?
C1 if you read this later in life and see that your daddy was a dumbass and actually forgot about you all I can say is
Im Sorry and I love you.

The Pipster February 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM   Reply to

Oh, I have TOTALLY done the same thing. My boss told me a story about not having money the night his daughter lost her tooth and he ran around frantically looking for some loose change before taking some out of her little piggy bank - her OWN MONEY! Of course he replaced it and she never knew, but sometimes you just do what you gotta do.

Heather February 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM   Reply to

I would have the tooth fairy leave a little note that said something about how this was his first run this way being a new tooth fairy and didn't know it was by the TV. I mean sometimes we have to lie to our kids. I don't think he will have scars for life.

Tracy February 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM   Reply to

Honey he hasn't even brought it up again. He's fine with putting it there tonight. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I think he will probably be OK. And you aren't a dumbass because of this, maybe other things but certainly not this. :)

Love You

This Daddy February 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM   Reply to

That is why I love you babe. Reason # 325

Confessions From A Working Mom February 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM   Reply to

This is my first tiem on your blog... I love it, a blogging dad! How unconventional!

I am sure your son will forgive you, and probably will look back on this with laughter in years to come. Maybe you could tell him that you can never leave a tooth in the same place twice-- make it a game of sorts? That would add some fun to your mistake, and help you forget about it!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Big City Dad February 9, 2010 at 12:41 PM   Reply to

Dude, just tell him that the tooth fairy called to say she was sick and will be there tonight! We do that with Santa. If she decides she wants something after we've seen him, I get on the phone and act like I'm talking to the Big Guy. Totally solves it. Then I just have her yell hi from the background.

nikki February 9, 2010 at 6:34 PM   Reply to

Our kids have matching smiles :)
This tooth fairy also nearly forgot and had to drag herslf out of bed at 4am before Yana woke up. The silly tooth fairy also accidently paid $6 instead of $5.

roadrunner201 February 9, 2010 at 7:18 PM   Reply to

Maybe the tooth fairy got stuck in the mid-Atlantic snow storms???