Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I feel so much smarter today

Commercials.

How they inform us of products and stuff that is going on in the world today.  Really they do.  I love commercials.  Some are funny and some actually make you think about things and how they are used in your daily life.

It brings me to this.

What is LBL?

It stands for Light Bladder Leakage. An issue that affects one in three women, and until now, very few people talked about. You are not alone!

This was the Whoopie Goldberg commercial where she says that 1 in 3 women have this. Really 1 in 3 women have this.  So just off the top of my head I have T, her best friend LM and just say her cousin Kenz.  One of these 3 has a leaking bladder.  1 in 3 of the women that look at my blog have a leaking bladder?  I have got to ask my wife this.  But how?

"Hey babe, do you by chance have a leaking baldder?"

So now I am going to be wondering as I pass women in the store, mall, anywhere really
"I wonder if she is wearing those POISE pads"

Thanks Whoopie for bringing this to my attention.  Now I know that if I start leaking pee pee I can go to the store and get me some pee pads that will fit perfectly in my drawers

Now I don't drink Diet Coke, never have and never will,  but doesn't it have that shit in it that is bad for you?  Aspertame, or Nutrasweet, or something like that?

So how in the world is Diet Coke going to start a program and run ads promoting

The Heart Truth?

Really drink Diet Coke and your heart will be better for it?  How is this going to happen?  This has got to be the craziest thing I have ever heard.  Hey don't drink water and cleanse your body, drink Diet Coke and make your heart stronger.  Give me a break.

These are the 2 main commercials I saw Sunday night during the Oscars.

And to stay on the Oscar path,  am I the only one who thought that Miley Cirus was made to TOO old for her actual age? She is a kid, let her look like a kid.

Just a thought.

Heather March 9, 2010 at 9:31 AM   Reply to

I am sure leaky bladders are that common. Any woman who has had a kid or two could testify!

Chrissy March 9, 2010 at 9:38 AM   Reply to

Even if I did have a leaky bladder, I couldn't tell you or anyone else because I have an image to uphold...LOL!

And I COMPLETELY AGREE about the Diet Coke thing.

Helene March 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM   Reply to

I have a leaky bladder...it's one of my battle wounds from carrying 2 sets of twins within a period of 2 years. I remind Tim of that constantly. He got the fun part and I got the leaky bladder. It's actually kinda gross...I don't have to wear Poise though. My problem isn't THAT bad...yet.

Helene March 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM   Reply to

Oh and trust me, Tim appreciated the fact that I stopped helping him with the tile. But then his back started hurting so I offered to grout the entire thing.

As I complained about how hard it was to constantly bend over or stay on my knees too long, I was treated to all kinds of perverted comments from him. You would've been high-5'ing him if you had been here in person.

Confessions From A Working Mom March 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM   Reply to

I know at least THREE women who think that drinking Diet Coke will make them healthier... and I know that NONE of them has a leaky bladder. So there's advertising for you...

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

The Pipster March 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM   Reply to

I don't have a leaky bladder but I can be gassy. I too thought Miley looked too old and hunched over for her cute self.

Lula Lola March 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM   Reply to

I cross my legs when I sneeze so I don't pee in my pants. Does that count as a leaky bladder? lol
How much must one be paid to want to advertise such a thing?
(Asked by the person who just announced that she crosses her legs when she sneezes, for free)

Arizona Mamma March 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM   Reply to

I don't pee myself if I laugh too hard or sneeze or anything like that. But I can't hold it as long as I could before kids.

Jessica Bodley Farrell March 10, 2010 at 7:01 AM   Reply to

Hey this has nothing to do with this post but i saw this on the ajc this morning...