Thursday, March 11, 2010

TOP 3 Thursday 3-11-10

DH the Cops wife over at Confessions from a Working Mom does this little thing
called

What are your Top 3 favorite things about being a parent?

3. The actual moment at the hospital when the baby is born.  When T is pushing and I am trying to help her along and then the tears start rolling.  All of the funny shit that happens during the birth, we have had some funny stuff happen during each.  I have cried during all of them.

2. Watching the kids grow and all the things they learn along the way.  It is such a revolving door of learning. They teach us stuff and we teach them stuff.  It is awesome to get home from work and find out new things that the kids have done or learned.

1.  And the number 1 favorite thing about being a parent is that I get to do it with T.  Raising children with T is such an awesome ride.  The ups and downs and curves that we go around but the good thing about it is that no matter what happens, at the end of the day we are ALL (Me, T, C1, C2, C3, C4) in the same house and we all love each other.

I could not ask for better kids or a better partner to raise the kids with.

The Pipster March 11, 2010 at 12:23 PM   Reply to

You have the most uplifting posts! I think someone should nominate you for a Father of the Year Award...if I was running that contest, I certainly would.

Confessions From A Working Mom March 11, 2010 at 1:39 PM   Reply to

What a sweet tribute to your wife (and your kids too), but gosh, that T is a lucky lady!!!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Debbie(single;complicated) March 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM   Reply to

what a sweet post! I agreed with your number 1 and 2..sadly my husband left and I do not get to this with him..BUT there is no better tribute to your wife then what you shared!

Julie March 11, 2010 at 8:57 PM   Reply to

Wow..great answers! Just found your blog through the lovely AZMamma. Great stuff. Gorgeous kiddos!

And I totally agree. Raising kids IS like being pecked to death by chickens.

Amen and Amen!

Arizona Mamma March 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM   Reply to

I love how much you love your wife. It's extremely refreshing and endearing!

Lula Lola March 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM   Reply to

I bet your kids will make wonderful spouses. The way you talk about their mom is going to make them see how important it is to treasure their wives and husband. And they won't settle for less than what they've seen from you. I love reading what you write about your family!

The (Un)Experienced Mom March 13, 2010 at 2:28 PM   Reply to

You're right - watching the birth of your kids is an amazing experience. I know my hubby agrees - there just are no words for it!

Thanks for playing our meme!

Tamara