Monday, April 26, 2010

Rainy Saturdays and Sunny Sundays....always get me down...to business

We had a great weekend and it all started with the major storm that blew in from the west but that didn't stop us from going to Home Depot and getting some things we needed to start over very first garden.  That is right we are starting our first garden filled with the finest herbs in Ga.  Well I am saying that they are going to be the finest.  Guess we will see.

It was not the easiest thing I have done, you know breaking  up the ground, going to the soon to be foreclosed home down the street and getting bricks to surround the area.  The kids did a great job in helping.  They all got their hands on some tools and broke a sweat.  We mixed the organic shitty smelling soil and then the good ol Earth and then we planted our goods.

Home Depot had a great sale so we got some Jalapeno's, Cucumber's, Onion Chives, Cilantro, Cheyene peppers, this stuff smells so good.  I am hoping t goes well, and if it does we will add to the garden.

So this is our garden with our Scary Guy to keep all the animals and birds away

T also found some cool ideas for some things I could do to the C's clubhouse.  So I added some tubing onto the clubhouse for them to put things down and they were happy to have it done.  Something new.

Now the C's will be able to have the toy / dirt / water / whatever they can fit  drop tubes.

Well it was a long day and we were outside for most of it and while the 3 older C's were able to hang on for most of the day and get all of the playing in, a certain little C was not as lucky.  Or should we say he was lucky?

Falling asleep in the swing.  Man is there any better feeling than that?

Hell No.

Now for a little

My Movie Monday at Traveling Light

So while he got his little nap in outside in the swing, it was just a rest before we put him to work.
Who said  you can't make your 10 month old work for you?
Hey C4, can you take that laundy out to the other room for me please?

Arizona Mamma April 26, 2010 at 12:13 PM   Reply to

I am always so envious when I see others getting a garden growing. I am not good at any of that stuff. Wanna come do one here? I'd gladly pay you in food and photos!

Rachel April 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM   Reply to

Thats right, put them to work! We made a game out of sweeping...and heck yes it works. My floors are always swept.

Im also jealous of your garden. We are growing our veggies in pots on our deck, but hey it works, right?

Eric April 26, 2010 at 3:32 PM   Reply to

I cant wait for the post where you discus taking out the dirt clogs and rocks from the tubing. :)

Lori April 26, 2010 at 4:34 PM   Reply to

OH, your garden is beautiful. Looks a lot like the garden my daughter and I made two years ago, except we grew veggies. Everytime a tomatoe or pepper started coming up, a darn squirrel or rabbit would come and dine on our hard work. We did grow spices in separate pots and that worked well, no critters wanted our parsley or cumin. Curious to know how the scary guy works out, maybe that's what we needed. LOL Great video, your little one sure knows how to drive that laundry basket. :)

roadrunner201 April 26, 2010 at 7:46 PM   Reply to

Oh yeah! C4 needs to have a little talk with Jude! All he does is pull the folded clothes out of my laundry basket.

BTW, Scary Guy is a little on the cute side, but let me know if he keeps the critters away because I need to know how to fend them off of my vegetable garden, too.

Helene April 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM   Reply to

Your garden looks wonderful!!!!! I'll bet the kids are gonna be so excited to watch everything grow! Looks like you're already off to a great start! Isn't it amazing how the kids get so into it??

Uh, can I hire C4 when you're done with him? I need my floors swept and mopped.

passion4pink April 27, 2010 at 5:30 AM   Reply to

Your garden is looking great!!Can't wait to have our very own vege garden too.
Love your little helper , he'll make a top daddy one day.

Keith Wilcox April 27, 2010 at 5:45 AM   Reply to

tubing on the playset. That's a pretty good idea. My mom had a garden when we were younger and I always wanted to try one myself -- but haven't naturally. Keep us posted on how it goes and what you learn (weekly updates?). Oh, and most importantly, have fun!

Jessica April 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM   Reply to

Who needs a $20 dollar push toy when you've got a free laundry basket? Cute!! I love the PVC pipe stuff too, great for the imagination!

The Sharp's April 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM   Reply to

Waylon does the laundry thing too. Sometimes he wants it empty so I find clothes throughout the house. He does a good job of picking them back up though.