Monday, July 19, 2010

Make the BAD things GOOD

Mondays suck.  Whether it is coming off a good weekend or a bad weekend or a so-so weekend like I had, Mondays just suck no other way to look at it.

Mondays suck cause if I had a awesome weekend and was great to the wife and kids, then why would I want to leave that to come to where I am?

Mondays suck cause if I had a bad weekend and I was a asshole to the wife and kids, then I would not want to come to where I am and leave things at the house like that.

When I have a so-so weekend like this weekend, meaning I was sort of an asshole to the wife and sort of an asshole to the kids, I dont want to come here to work because I didn't give the family all I had.  I really didn't help T out as much as I normally do and I was short with the kids more than a few times this weekend.

I want to blame some of my assholeness on this fucking nasty armpit rash that I can't figure out what it is.  It is just so annoying and irritating that it pisses me off.  It burns and is sore and no matter what I put on it, it doesn''t seem to get any better.  I could have been a champ and cruised through the weekend like T would have done if she had the rash, but then that just wouldn't be me.  I tend to flake out when I am sick or hurt or have any kind of anything going on.  I told T last night that I wish she would be the one that had the rash, and she responded by saying "I would still go on....Cause I have to and that's what I do"  Yeah exactly.

I hate being Negative and Depressing and it seems that this post is exactly that.  As I am typing this out, I am sitting here thinking about how everything around me is so damn negative and I get wrapped up into that.  So I need to be positive, if not for me at least for T and the C's.

So lets try to change it up, in my mind and in my heart.

This is the beginning of a new work week, a week where we are going to make money and get a step closer to getting my money back on my paycheck.  A week in which I am not going to go home and complain about anything to T  and I am going to wrap myself up with my C's.

It all begins with ME!   I have to be positive, so T and the C's will be positive.  T is too good to me and the C's put up with enough of my shit for me to be such a dick to them all the time.  I know every parent has those days, those weekends but I let things that I control, bother me.  SInce I control all of these things, I just need to actually CONTROL them.

zookeeperjess July 19, 2010 at 10:19 AM   Reply to

It happens. It sucks though. I hope your week turns out to be a good one! It could be your deodorant that's making the rash worse on that side. I know most of them say if any irritation or rash shows up do not use on broken skin. Hope it heals up soon!

Gretta July 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM   Reply to

At least you acknowledge your negativity and are working on changing that. That's more than most men would do. Also, try some natural remedies on your rash like tea tree oil, aloe vera or vitamin-e enriched lotions. Maybe one of those will help.

Respectfully Yours July 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM   Reply to

If it helps, I have honestly talked to a ton of people that are in the same frame of mind as you for various reasons. Just in a funk. Chin up, tomorrow is already Tuesday. Have a good week.

Hope your rash gets better.

Anne DiNapoli July 19, 2010 at 10:45 PM   Reply to

I hate to agree, but Mondays do suck. I live for weekends, no matter how much I love my new job. I also need to write myself into some positive thoughts.
On another note...you should enjoy Mondays now. Think about how bad they will really suck, when you're losing in Fantasy Football to a twenty-something, Jets Fan/Falcons Hater. LOL. Let the trash talk begin.

passion4pink July 20, 2010 at 4:51 AM   Reply to

Remind me again why did you shave/wax under your arms anyway??? I must be one of those strange women 'cause I don't mind a hairy bloke, don't get me wrong not keen on the all over sweaty, hairy back look eeww!!LOL

passion4pink July 20, 2010 at 5:03 AM   Reply to

oh yeah!! forgot to tell u how i get through the week. I start with 'good morning' yay it's nearly hump day( wednesday) , which means it's half way to friday which means it's nearly the weekend.
Can't believe how fast my week goes now and I can't stop thinking about things I have planned for saturday. mmmmmm the power of positive thinking!!! having said that , the day went so bloody slow, I was ready to go home at 10am, then when i got home i said to hubby , whew, thankgod it's humpday, can't wait to watch 'Farmer gets a wife' & it's all down hill from here!!! Then he said 'arr... it's only Tuesday Babe'........He just had to burst my bubble didn't he........ARGH!!!!