Thursday, July 1, 2010

Who did I sign with?

If you missed this yesterday go here to read Free Ageny Begins at Midnight

My agent worked on this all day for me Wednesday and it wasn't easy. We were up till all hours of the morning working through this and taking other offers. The doorbell started ringing at midnight and the phone was ringing off the hook as well. There were some interesting offers out there. After a long night and most of the day it is finally over. But first look at  the Top 4 contenders.

#1. Nadia Bjorlin (Days of Our Lives)
Not to much to go on here, quiet and not in the news much and has been in the same place for a long time now, a front runner for those reasons. There are reasons to believe that she is a winner and plans on winning for years to come.

#2. Kim Kardashian.
A strong contender, but the the sex tape and dating Reggie Bush from my hated Saints and now dating Miles Austin from the Cowboys, I find it hard to make that switch and sign with her knowing all of the bagage. She does have ALOT of experience and has a strong family backing her but still.

#3. Allison Sweeney (Days and Biggest Loser)
Im not one for blondes, but she has always been a fan of mine and with her being a mom that make her even more  of a Top 4 Contender but the problem is that she is also married and that would mean an sign and trade for both of us and I dont think my owner is up for that.

#4. Kendra Wilkenson-Baskett (Playmate)
Shes funny, and not a bad choice, but the whole Playmate thing scares me and Hanks football career might never recover and I just dont think I could ever handle her laugh and the always on the go lifestyle, that's not for me, but a worthy #4 spot.
So with that said

ITS A DONE DEAL
I have resigned with the home team and I didn't have to take a home team discount.

I recieved the max contract and it is filled with a huge bonus and incentive package.  I cant go into the detail of the terms of the contract but I was smart enough to get a sweeter deal than the previous 10 year one.  I signed a lifetime contract this go around actual wording is "Till Death" but that sounds a little down and  it was the right thing to do.

It was really a no brainer.  I mean why leave when everything I want and need is right here?

Im happy with my current team, we have 4 number 1 draft picks that have also signed lifetime contracts.  The game may change daily but the plan never does.

Plus those chicks don't have shit on my T.
Ok, there was a point to all of my mindless rambling.

Marriage.  Alot of people don't take it seriously anymore.  Divorce!  Some people use it too fast as a tool to try and fix a problem.  Problems are meant to be fixed, but not by divorce.  (of course with exceptions)  I got married to stay married.  Not to get divorced and get re-married.  T and the 4 C's are the perfect teammates.  We know each others games and how to adapt to each other when one of us might be having a bad game.  Give up.  We don't give up, some people do too easy.  That is why I always refer to my marriage as a team sport and a game.  It takes all of us to make it work.

The difference is we always come out winners.

I love my team
We are #1

Maranda July 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM   Reply to

Awwwww!!! This is one of the sweetest posts made especially awesome by all the "man speak" going on. T and the C's are really lucky to have a dude like you in their lives. Yay for the home team!!!

Kelly July 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM   Reply to

I will put it in simple speak for you man.... good call.
For everyone else, that was a very sincere and incredibly manly poetic (in your own right) view on marriage and the commitment and loyalty that is needed. Maranda was right, T &C's are lucky to have you on their team!

~Rachel July 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM   Reply to

What a great way to describe how so many people simply throw their marriage to the curb. I think people are always out for the newest thing on the market (see I-phone) and they translate that into their marriage as well. I wish more people would realize like you do that anything wonderful is worth the work.

Though, I must say..I think the "owner" of your team should have been looking for a replacement as you tested the free agent market. Maybe she could blog about her potential free agents! :-)

Erin July 1, 2010 at 8:02 PM   Reply to

That is so sweet-and to tell you the truth, I was not expecting this at all. I was a little lost on the agent thingie-shows how much I know about basketball (that is what was actually happening, right)?

Rachel July 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM   Reply to

That was very sweet!!! Its so true how many marriages are thrown away like they never meant a thing. Your team sounds very successful!!

Helene July 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM   Reply to

Great choice!!! And such a fun way of putting it into perspective (though now I'm curious what eggs would taste like with a little bit of human nuts mixed in).

You are right that too many people view divorce as an out. Tim and I went to therapy for awhile and our therapist started off by saying, "Frankly, you two can't afford to get divorced with a mortgage, car payments and 4 kids...you HAVE to stay married so let's get this shit straightened out once and for all". Amen to that.

roadrunner201 July 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM   Reply to

Yesterday I was like, "what the heck?! He has to sign a 10 year contract for his job? That's some serious stuff!" Now it's all making sense;-)

Kat July 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM   Reply to

So sweet! I think you are BOTH lucky to have each other.

Penny @ iCouldbeFake.com July 2, 2010 at 8:00 AM   Reply to

Haha. I think you made the right choice!

TRIPle-OH!-7 July 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM   Reply to

Yea, dood. T had no competition! These twits you listed are just mannequins! A real woman has these broads whipped before the first 'tip-off. The greatest part of it is that you are sharp enough to see that. Sadly, many of us men are too stupid to get that. This was a really cool post. You've been on quite a run of fem-blogs, (not that there's anything wrong with that) so its nice to see you post 1 that doesn't make me think, "Man, this dood's got nuts...yea, sure they're probably bedazzled, but he's got 'em. And for the love of Mike, could you ever post back down here? Its like I'm talking to a brickwall over here!

Lori July 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM   Reply to

Sweet, glad I came back to check it out.