Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is it really "In God We Trust"??

I just don't like the guy. I admit it, I'm a hater.  I also admit he is a great athlete and a damn good football player but I have no love for Brett Farve.

So when I was sitting on the couch this morning and saw that Good Morning America was doing a story on his wife Deanna Farve and her "relying on faith" to help her get through this tough time of him sending dick pic's and dirty texts to another woman, I wanted to throw something at the tv.

I'm going to rant so if you don't want to hear it, read it or whatever...leave now.

First I am going to rant on Brett Farve and the allegations of him sending inappropriate text messages and photos to a woman who worked for the NY JETS, when he played for them.  My thought is that they would be making a MUCH bigger deal about this if he was someone else.  Farve pretty much owns the NFL. Why else would they put up with his shit.  Now that he had his meeting with NFL security about the matter the headline that came out of that meeting was

"NO COMMENT" - Doesn't that pretty much mean he did it?  I think so!  If he didn't send those things, then why can't he come out and say "I DIDN'T DO IT!"???

And now his wife comes out and while discussing her new book on Good Morning America she talks about the shit that is going on with her holier than thou husband Brett

NEW YORK -- Deanna Favre says her religious faith and an outward focus are helping her overcome the allegations of improper behavior that have been leveled against her husband, Brett.
Deanna Favre was interviewed Thursday on "Good Morning America" about a book she co-authored with Shane Stanford called "The Cure for the Chronic Life," which is about getting past hard times and patterns of unhealthy behavior.
During the interview, Deanna was asked how she's handling the accusations against Brett Favre, who is being investigated by the NFL for allegedly sending suggestive messages and lewd photos to a woman who worked for the New York Jets.
Deanna Favre says: "I'm handling this through faith."
She did not address whether the allegations against her husband are true or false.

So while Brett is "maybe" doing improper things involving other women and his phone, his wife is using faith to help her out?????  Come on, really?  Why cant she just say "I'm being a strong woman"?  Why is everything that goes wrong in the world waiting on "FAITH" to save it, cure it, fix it??????

If people having FAITH made everything better, then why wont having FAITH just not let this shit happen in the first place.

I believe in God, really I do.  But I am not going to sit here and think that the minute something goes wrong or not how I want it to go that bending, praying and looking at the sky is going to help me out.  If that were the case then my mother wouldn't be in a wheelchair, my son would not have tortacollis, my wife and I would not have lost a baby and I my family and I would not be in debt.

I fuck up alot with T and the C's.  Who fixes that and makes it better?  ME.  Not FAITH.  ME!!  I make a mistake I fix it.

Brett Farve MIGHT have done this.  Who fixes it for him and his wife???? Apparently GOD will cause she is using FAITH to get past it.  Is her FAITH and GOD going to make it better because he is BRETT FARVE???

Bullshit, I think her saying that is her right and her belief but my right is to say it is bullshit.  I would rather her say "You know, I'm pissed right now, and I don't know if Brett did this or not, but I am going to be a strong woman and fight against it"

Back to Brett....If he really didn't do these acts that he is being accused of, then just say so. Say "I didn't do it and she is wrong"  He is either telling the truth or lying.  But to say "I have no comment on this matter, it is a league issue"  What the fuck does that mean.?????

Ok rant over, hit me up with your comments and let me have it, rip me an ass I don't care.  Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.  I won't stop you.

This was something that bothered me this morning as soon as I saw it on tv and it stewed in me the whole drive to work.

By the way, I am picking Brett and the Vikes to beat the FudgePacking CheeseHeads this weekend.

KISS THE BABY

Jersey Diva Mom October 21, 2010 at 10:04 AM   Reply to

Maybe they just editted to much out-- maybe the full quote was. "I'm relying on faith (in the attorney Elin Woods used who I'm planning on contacting)"

The Sharp's October 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM   Reply to

I have to disagree with you on this one. I can only speak for myself, but in hard times such as the one our family is in right now, all I can do is rely on faith and trust that God has things under control because I don't know the reason and I don't know the purpose behind all of it nor do I remotely understand it! If I had nothing else to rely on and nothing else to hold me up I would fall in a pool of self pity and be so depressed and lost I wouldn't know what to do with myself. So, I get the faith statement.

As far as Favre not admitting or commenting on anything, does it really matter? If he said he didn't do it would anyone believe him. People are going to hate on him regardless. It's a lose lose situation. I think it pisses people off because he isn't giving them anything through statements to get them going.

plantingpennies.wordpress.com October 21, 2010 at 2:55 PM   Reply to

Maybe it's her faith that makes her a strong woman.

I never understand why people go on talk shows to grieve, or emote. Stay home like the rest of us and take care of the family from inside the home.

I dunno. Maybe Brett just dialed the wrong number.

Anyway, I'll be at home tonight being the best husband and dad I can be.

plantingpennies.wordpress.com

This Daddy October 21, 2010 at 2:58 PM   Reply to

I dunno. Maybe Brett just dialed the wrong number.

Dude that is the funniest line I have heard about the whole thing. Know Brett, it was SMALL business to him anyways

The Zany Housewife October 21, 2010 at 6:24 PM   Reply to

"I dunno. Maybe Brett just dialed the wrong number"

What a riot.

I saw those pics. If I were his wife, I'd be saying "I have faith that millions of women saw these pics and got a good chuckle.."

The Mullins Life... October 21, 2010 at 8:39 PM   Reply to

Wow!!!! Having faith and you making mistakes are two totally differant things. I respect your thoughts on this but you could not be more wrong.

Things that go wrong in our lives is usally the consequences of our decisions. Example your in debt because you chose to spend money you dont have so I am really not sure how faith has any thing to do with that. If I get lung cancer is it because I made a decision to smoke for 13 years and yes I would rely on faith to get me through it but I will still suffer the consequences for my actions.

I love Brett Farve!!!He is the man!!LMAO

Elan October 21, 2010 at 11:36 PM   Reply to

i like this post because it stirs shit up. I don't think 'faith' has anything to do with concern about the outcome of the things we want fixed. I think it is more of knowing we will be OK regardless of what does or does not happen in our daily lives.

~Rachel October 22, 2010 at 3:34 AM   Reply to

Uh-oh! You may have started something here. ;-)
The problem I have with all of this is the media's portrayal. I don't care about what Favre did. Like I didn't care what Tiger Woods did. It's like breaking news when there are real things going on in the world. If he sent the texts, he's an idiot and he and his family can deal with it. I can't imagine going on National TV as his wife though. No thank you.

As far as faith goes, I think that is what makes her a strong woman. Faith is an amazing thing to have. It's what takes the stress out of my life when I put God in control. He was always in control, of course, but when I say that I am letting go and letting God take care of it-the amount of burden lifted is amazing. It is my Faith in God that allows me to "let" Him have control and know that whatever the outcome, we will be okay. Now, this doesn't mean that I sit on the couch waiting for my house to be clean or my kids to feel better. It just means that I have a firm belief that He will provide.
It took me a long time to get to this place and I still struggle at times. But life has been so much better for me since I developed my faith in Him!

Erin October 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM   Reply to

Is it wrong that as soon as I heard about this I googled "Brett Favre Penis"? I wanted to see pictures. I wasn't impressed.
The Vikes are going to crush the cheeseheads on Sunday (as long as its not a size contest)!

Quincy October 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM   Reply to

I kind of agree with Deanna. "Having faith" doesn't mean a person is going to sit back and wait on something to happen. It means that you know that everything is going to work itself out. That could happen a number of ways. When I left AT&T after seven years, I "had faith" that a new job would work out for me. That doesn't mean that I showed up on Day One and didn't work. It means that I knew I was capable of getting the job done and excelling. Deanna didn't say she had faith in God or herself. Interesting topic though.