Friday, March 18, 2011

Fridays Final Thoughts 3-18-11...Back 2 The Gym & Would you wake your spouse for PO DO?

This Daddy's Blog

FRIDAYS FINAL THOUGHTS

Wow this never happens anymore.  I am up later than T on a night. Not for much longer but I am.  She got up early again this morning and I skipped my third day of the gym to stick around and help her in the am. I really didnt even help her come to think about it. I am very proud of the fact that since I started the gym, I have not missed that many days.  I pulled something in my chest again (i think) so I decided to rest it and take a few days off.

I am back in there in the morning.

T works so hard during the day.  Four kids, homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, soccer, bathing, ME bugging her.  She deserves a early night with no bugging from me.

I am laying in bed on the (with shorts on) watching the NCAA Tourney and x-ing out my teams that lost all day and killed my brackets. Oh well, its for fun.

I will be back in the am to finish the post (reason its called F-F-T.)

(pretend you slept, and woke up for this next part)

Here we are on a bright and sunny Friday morning here in the ATL.  I got up nice and early for the gym this morning and my car temp show -33*.  Yeah that was off just a tad.

Had a great workout after missing 3 days. The personal trainer guy, you know the one that I was scared of....He gave me his notebook to copy and use as a platform.  See, I knew he was a nice guy. Gave me some great tips this morning.

Didnt get to shower this am after my workout, the gym was packed and too many people waiting for the shower and I had to get to the bank.  So I did the ol' college shower.  Deodorant, wet hair, cologne, and most important ball talc. I will be ok till I get home tonight.

Day 2 of the NCAA Tourney and I again will be watching the games online at work and x-ing out my losses.  My picks sucked yesterday, so im sure more of the same today.

Something funny happened this morning.  I noticed T was online in yahoo and I IM'ed her a good morning sunshine and the reply I got back was

I was like damn, this early and already NO, its not a good morning?
It was C2. I thought that was funny.

So T and another mom ran soccer practice last night and they say it went great.  Myself and Andrea from My4Redheads came up with some stuff for running a practice and T said the kids did great.  I am running the practice tomorrow and guess we will see if I can carry over the great vibe from Thursday.

Well that is it.  Enjoy your Friday and your weekend, I know the weather is gonna be great here.  Play outside, do stuff with your kids, do the PO DO or whatever. Make sure you have fun no matter what you do.

QUESTION
Oh yeah, this came up last night on the Twitter.  For us guys, is it too dangerous to try and wake our sleeping wive's up for a little PO DO?  I know if the wive's tried waking up the dude's it wouldn't be a problem, but is it a problem the other way around?

My spell check wasn't working so enjoy my grammer mistakes

Kiss the Baby

Gretta March 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM   Reply to

Yeah my brackets look scary for today because if certain teams don't win, my entire bracket will be shot. Like you said, it's all for fun anyway!

And on the PO DO ?....Once I'm asleep, it's usually game off. Moms usually only get a few hours sleep at night anyway so let us enjoy what little we do get peacefully without interruption. Now, I will be happy to share PO DO before I shut my eyes but not after! (at least in my book anyway!)

This Daddy March 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM   Reply to

Ok Gretta, as long as you are only happy to share with the Big D of course.

Andrea March 18, 2011 at 1:19 PM   Reply to

HA!! I don't know of any moms who really WANT to be woken up for po do...but you already know my opinion on that!!
Thanks for the shout out, glad that practice was fun!! Hopefully the next practice will work out just as well!!!
And just for the record...the ol' college shower...doesn't work. You probably STINK!!

Molly March 18, 2011 at 1:22 PM   Reply to

If I am asleep, the husband better leave me sleep. No PO DO for him on those nights. Now, he told me that I can wake him anytime I want to have some PO DO. :)

This Daddy March 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM   Reply to

Molly and like I said a guy will never tell you "Dont wake me for PO DO"

Thank, Q March 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM   Reply to

My brackets are respectable, but do not appear to be a winning hand at this point. And no, I don't wake The Mrs. for anything! LOL!

Helene March 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM   Reply to

Tim knows that if he wakes me up for anything, one of the kids had better be dying. I need my sleep and the poor guy knows that.

But if he hits me up before I head to bed, I might be willing to put out. Depends on how much life the kids sucked outta me that day.

Tim may have to coach Cole's soccer team b/c none of the other parents have stepped up yet. May be looking to you for some suggestions!!!

Laura March 19, 2011 at 1:30 PM   Reply to

I gave you an award because you are a blog I love to read. Check it out at http://throughmyinsanityandwhatelseisthere.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-my-day-and-stylish-blogger.html and pass it on if you so choose! Keep up the awesome work!

S.I.F. March 20, 2011 at 2:54 AM   Reply to

Loving the hygiene of the good old college shower. Bet your coworkers appreciated that one.

Lost.in.Idaho March 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM   Reply to

My girlfriend, when awake, tells me it's "game on" when the mood strikes whether she's asleep or awake.

However, she does NOT wake up.

And she fights in her sleep.

Getting her to reciprocate is impossible. So one night, I'm thinking "ok, if I can just get IN I'll be fine." I find the KY, and when I try, she does this sleeping judo-kick-shove thing. I end up of the bed, with a Bill Clinton (slick willy, get it?) and I'm on my own.

Now, I don't bother. If she's asleep I call Lefty.

Maranda March 20, 2011 at 4:55 PM   Reply to

I just asked The Hubble if he would ever consider waking me up and he said no. In the event that I was ACTUALLY sleeping he would leave me alone. Though he likes it when I wake him up.

For me, I sleep so rarely that if I am TRULY sleeping it would suck to be woken up. I'm woken up throughout the night by noises in the house and the kiddo so often that I don't want to have to deal with him too...though I don't know...it might be fun. But you would never know the mood she would wake up in ya know...