Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Can Handle being this kind of unhappy

I guess I will just never be happy. No matter what happens or how anything goes I am not going to be happy.

Being that for some reason I finally stopped acting like an asshole on the weekends and started having more patience and having a better attitude at home, things have gotten better. We are having more fun, more laughs, more family time.  T and I are getting along better and it is really making a difference.

So why am I so unhappy?

Well before, when the weekends suck because of my bad attitude and assholishness behavior, I would hate coming to back to work because I would miss the kids and T and feel like a jerk from wasting the only time I have with them. I can remember sitting at my desk on Mondays stressing about other bullshit and how the kids probably thought Daddy was a mean person, and it just killed me.

Well now the past month or so that I have been..as the kids say NICE and not naughty, when I come to work on Mondays guess what???

THEY STILL SUCK!  Man, now that the weekends are awesome I still come to work on Mondays sit at my desk and think about all the fun we had. The great things we did. The laughs. The stories.  I wish I was still at home. Chillin' on the couch in the mornings with my coffee and seeing asking the kids how they slept and getting the day started and it all going well. Having fun with T and not fighting.

This long weekend was so awesome. We had fun. We played outside, worked in the yard, watched movies, it was just fun. We even went swimming yesterday for a good long time.

So for me being unhappy on Monday (this week Tuesday) mornings is just something that I will look at as being a good thing.  It is a good thing that we had so much fun and that I am not acting like a jerk and the family is enjoying me being around.

Thank goodness it is a short week.

Kiss the Baby

And me spellchecz is knot wurking again so reed it and make the best cents of it u kan.

Lewis May 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM   Reply to

In my opinion there us 2 things you need to realise.
1-if you don't enjoy your job, leave. You spend a large portion of your life and if you can't enjoy it then move on.
2-The reason you work so hard during the week is to enable you to have these awesome weekends! Those 2 days are precious reward for all the crap you had to deal with the precious 5 days.
If your happy, your home will be happy.
NB: The above is an opinion coming from a guy is in no way the same situation but felt compelled to try and give you some perspective. Feel free to delete! Lol

Lewis May 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM   Reply to

In my opinion there us 2 things you need to realise.
If your happy, your home will be happy.

Lewis May 31, 2011 at 10:47 AM   Reply to

In my opinion there us 2 things you need to realise.
If your happy, your home will be happy.

Alex May 31, 2011 at 12:30 PM   Reply to

Monday's are always going to suck ( this week Tuesday) but they suck a little less when you had an awesome weekend.. and look at the bright side.. 3 more days.. and its the weekend again:)

The Trophy Wife May 31, 2011 at 2:02 PM   Reply to

I'm proud of you Daddy! It takes a lot to realize that much of your unhappiness is caused by your own actions and attitude. It's impressive that you saw that and decided to make the change. A lot of times it's easy to just get in that rut and not come out of it. I'm going to have to share this with some of the men in my life because sometimes it's easier to hear when it's not coming from the 'nag' in the family. ;)

Wife to the Rockstar May 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM   Reply to

This post made me laugh.

I made my husband read it. He could so relate.