Monday, September 17, 2012

Soccer Match From Hell.

A cool sunny Saturday morning and all was right in the world....

until..............The soccer match from hell happened.

I was warming up with C2 and then all of a sudden his nose started blasting blood from it like it was a volcanic eruption.  It wouldn't stop. I took off my t-shirt and he and T went up to the concessions to see if he could get a new jersey since his had blood all over it.

Mission Complete.  New jersey and ready to play.

Never mind his coach is CLUELESS and has NO IDEA of what he is doing.  I mean from start to finish.  Hold your damn clipboard, assclown.

C2 played awesome.  I mean he really did.  Hustled after the ball, getting some shots at goal.  He was playing well.  Then he played goalie and he got better.  For a kid that doesn't like getting dirty, he was falling on the ball, diving for it, moving all over the place.  He even got back and dove for a ball that hit off the post saving a score.

This is when it got bad and ugly.  C2 came over to me, shoe untied and I thought no big deal, tie it up real fast and rush him back out.  When he came over, he was crying and telling me his stomach hurt.  I walked over to his coach and said you might want to sub C2 out, not feeling good.  His game was over for the day. Crying and stomach hurting he sat the rest of the game on the bench. No problem. I will never want the kids playing if they don't feel good or are hurt.

I may be a dumb ass, but I'm not stupid.  I do know a little something about my kids and how they are.  C2 will usually come to me if not feeling good and want me to hang or cuddle with him when sick.  He didn't want any of that Saturday.  He wanted nothing to do with me.  I left him alone.

I then told T to go ask him if he was mad at me.  I knew something was up.  She did and he was mad at me.  He didn't like me yelling at him during the game.  I felt sad.  I knew for the longest time he didn't like me yelling at him during the games but I cant help it.  Its hard.  I'm loud and a cheering parent.  I wasn't even yelling negative things,  just game type stuff.

So, this weekend I will once again make the best effort to keep my F-ing mouth shut and just let him play.  If he plays good I will high five him, if he plays bad, I will high five him.

I just love that he plays and enjoys it.

Me, I think if I yell again, T might try to score some goals kicking my soccer balls around.

Kiss the Baby

Rachel September 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM   Reply to

Harley's playing soccer this year, and my husband is also having a hard time not yelling from the sidelines. Simple things like, 'cover!' or 'get the ball!' but sometimes he gets a bit too....enthusiastic. Thankfully Harley doesn't seem to notice yet. It's hard sometimes not to be excited during the games!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM   Reply to

Calling the coach an assclown is a bit much, don't you think? I'm not sure why these minor incidents warrant calling this game the match from hell.

This Daddy September 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM   Reply to

Match from hell from what happened between me and my son. For me it was a match from hell. My son being upset from my actions makes it a match from hell. Sure wasn't a match from heaven. And if you knew anything about soccer and could see what his coach does and says ......assclown is nice.

Leave your name next time. Don't hide.

Anonymous,  September 23, 2012 at 6:47 PM   Reply to

I'm going to remain anonymous because I don't want you to know who I am at the next soccer game. The coach of the soccer team that both mine and your kid are on is a good coach and an even better human being. And I bet I know more about soccer than you do. Anyway, isn't your wife helping the coach? Why don't you let her go to him with your concerns? Or is it easier to "hide" behind your blog?

This Daddy September 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM   Reply to

I wouldn't be mad to know, it would make for a great conversation/ debate. He may be a great person and I'm sure he is to vol. Coach but In my opinion not a great soccer coach. We could talk, I have examples. And you may know more than me about soccer and you would help prove my points then. My wife isn't in this debate either so let's leave her out of this. If I had time I would love to help his coach. My daughter has a awesome coach. And this is my blog, written by me visable by anyone. This isn't hiding. Come pull me aside and let's talk and agree to disagree.

plantingpennies October 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM   Reply to

This is one of the best Dad Blog posts I've read in a long time; it's honest. Who's the problem? YOU ARE, or I AM! It takes a real man to admit when he is wrong, and a good man to be willing to change.

Yeah man, respect. Kids need dad's who can make the right adjustments in the family life, even if it's just a little one.

Thanks Bro,